If you aren’t getting the increase in book sales you want for each release, chances are it’s because you either don’t know your platform or are not using it.
People make 80% of all purchases emotionally. You wrote your book to connect to readers, but if your readers feel nothing – that’s what they buy. Your platform makes it possible for you to build an emotional connection with readers who are looking to buy a new book like yours. Without the power of platform behind you each sale will be a struggle to reach these readers, and each book will be an uphill battle you can’t win.
With a clear platform your business is supported before, during and after each release. Each release will build on the one before it, and connect to the unwritten books to follow. You’ll connect with readers in a natural, ongoing way that has them engaged with you and your work. Your sales will increase and you’ll never feel sales-y.
Tuesdays, May 3, 10, 17
8:30 – 10:00 pm ET
In this three session course you will develop your platform and learn how to use it for all areas of your business including reader stewardship, social media, blogging, websites, speaking opportunities and, of course, your book launch. You will:
- Define and refine it.
- Determine your target audience.
- Use your platform to locate 5-7 online sites that allow you to interact with people who are interested in your platform.
- Write your short 3 sentence bio for the end of all your posts.
- Learn ways to interact with your core audience,
- Create a 4-8 week blog post series.
- Begin to create a plan for your writing career planning using your platform,
- And much, much more
COURSE LENGTH: 60 minutes each + time for Q&A
HOW DELIVERED: Online webinar
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Prior to the class you will receive
- platform questionnaire – to fill out before first class
- information on importance of platform
- handouts to facilitate note taking for each week
After the class you will receive:
- Audio download of course
- Platform Idea Tracker for social media, blog posts, and more
- Platform Checklist for using platform to build your businesss